Not Enough Time

I think I'm really going to try to make an effort to start blogging again. There were reasons why I had fallen out of the habit of it. Mostly because there were things happening in my life that I had no desire to share with the world. Now that most of that is over, I should take the time now and again to stop and reflect on what's going on in the world of Jenn and share with my wee little audience (if there's even anyone out there reading this). It's really more for my reference than anything else.

So what's happening now? Well, I work about 30 hours a week at J Street still as the Office Manager. I love my job and the people I work with. I'm very happy there.

I still have the 2 kitties and Ira in our very small condo in Renton. It's easy to keep clean and in a great location. I love living in Renton. We've been there since 2009 and it's been one of my favorite places to live. I got a newish car a few years back and it will be paid off in a year and a half. I love my little Nissan Versa.

The band is still going. We had a member leave last fall but regrouped and are back out gigging and having fun, still practicing every Thursday. Tim and I are also practicing as a blues duo occasionally for his brother's CD release party.

The other thing that is now consuming a huge portion of my time is The Radio Enthusiasts of Puget Sound. I was elected President and am serving a two year term on the board and doing my best to make the meetings exciting, entice new members to join and make next Showcase fabulous.

I was cast in Rocky Horror last fall and we had a great run at the Renton Civic Theater but between UC7 and REPS I haven't had any time left to try and start a new theater project.

Mom is coming up for another visit soon. She got me tickets to see Bette Midler at Key Arena for my birthday. The concert is June 1st. So excited about that. Also going to see Alabama Shakes in August.

Oh and Ira and I are having a small party on our 10th anniversary where we will have a toast and sign official marriage documents. Then we will go spend 10 days in our happy place; Poipu, Kauai.

These are the major updates for now. Maybe as I get more into the habit I can dig deeper on specific thoughts or issues I'm dealing with. For right now it's just time management. I keep myself very, very busy and I'm happy doing it. Life is pretty good right now.


No comments: