As Time Goes By

Well I just updated my Blogger layout and I think it looks pretty nice. Might inspire me to actually post more. I've really gotten out of the habit of blogging. I just don't even know what to say anymore...

This weekend should be nice and relaxing. Since I've been gone all week at work and rehearsals the house is a total mess. I'll guilt Ira into helping me clean up and then we can do a little grocery shopping and catch up on our shows. There's a couple of audio books I'm supposed to be recording but have also fallen out of the habit of doing that. I spend so much more time fiddling with the levels and the computer and the microphones... then trying to crop out all mistakes and bleed-over sounds that I find the whole process rather frustrating. If I could just plunk down, record my bits and be done with it, all of this would be a lot easier, fun and go faster.

I'm going to be appearing in "It's A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play" again. It opens the day after Thanksgiving. That show is so much fun for me. Being able to play so many different characters simultaneously is sort of what I do best. I'm performing in another radio show recreation on Oct. 11th at the Ranier Club in downtown Seattle.

Rehearsals with the band have been going well. I just wish we could be gigging more. None of us are really going out there and getting the gigs so it's starting to feel like we're doing a lot of this for nothing. We're finally getting around to making some recordings so that helps. Work is great. I love my job and the people I work with. Things have been a little tight and a few people have taken jobs elsewhere but that happens. I have no plans on leaving. I have one of the best bosses I've ever worked for, I enjoy learning more about technology and what we do and the commute isn't that bad.

I've finally achieved my goals of moving up here. I live in a house with a nice yard, have a cat, have Ira, sing in a band, do voice-over work. I'd like a better car and just more money in general but I have to say otherwise I'm pretty happy. Life has had its ups and downs but right now, everything is looking up.

No comments: