A Day in the Life of Jenn: Monday

I decided to make a picture post all about how busy my days are. It's hard to say "I'm busy" without describing what it is I'm so busy doing. Here is a typical Monday for me.

Paul is already up warming his feet by the radiator. It's on a timer so it begins warming before we get up, turns off during the day and comes on again in the evening. 

Messy bedroom. Ira was up and left for work about an hour an a half before I got up. 

I sit on the couch here and sip coffee for a bit, trying to wake up. 

Big TV. After about an hour I am ready to get going for my long day. It's around 9am.

Today I don't wash my hair but I do brush my teeth and wash my face. 

Still a little sleepy but ready to go!

My food for the day. 

My scripts. I'll need these later tonight. Better pack them in my bag. The pink box of fake fingernails I won't need until tomorrow. 

Portable recording kit. If I have time, I'll do some audio recording later at the office where it's nice and quiet. 

Paul wants to go outside and chase the birds but it's time for me to leave!

Got my bag all packed. Breakfast/Lunch, scripts, cell phone, iPod, pencils, wallet, plus all the other nonsense I always carry like lotion, a mirror, eye drops, highlighters, a note pad, tissues, etc. 

There's my car, nice and wet. 

Goodbye house! See you in 12 hours. 

Driving to work only takes about 20 minutes if the traffic isn't too bad. 

There's Bellevue off in the distance. 

Getting closer. The rain isn't too bad. Just drizzly and chilly and DARK. It's almost 10am

Arrived at work! J Street Technology.

Since it's Monday I have to check the mailbox and pick up Saturday's mail. There are probably checks in the mail for me to deposit. 

Our office is upstairs. When you come into the front door, there is my desk. I am the receptionist. 

I get my computer turned on and ready to work. Time to check my emails and see what I need to do today. 

I turn on the phones so I can receive calls. The white thing is a check scanning device so I no longer have to go to the bank to deposit checks. I do it from my desk!

Oops, time for breakfast. It's 10:30 and I haven't eaten yet. Mango Passion-fruit cereal squares and some string cheese. 

Since it's Monday I look in my folder and pay bills that are due this week. 

I wish I had a window from my desk. The window by the front door just looks out onto the landing. Has it stopped raining? I never know. 

The rest of my desk. To the left is the conference room. There's a laptop that I'm in the middle of repairing.

Work work work... I also try to check my personal email and favorite news sites. 

Since it's Monday, it's my job to water all of the plants in the office. 

I wonder how these grow... there's not much light in here. 

A view from an empty private office. It's around noon. Still pretty dark. 

I keep working until about 1:30. Time for some lunch! I'm hungry. I am heating up a frozen bowl of Masaman Curry from Trader Joe's. 

Well, it's about 4:30 now. I've been working all day. I clock out and get to work on some recordings for my audiobook that I'm working on. 

I forgot  to bring an important adapter. Oh well. No recording today. I take about an hour to edit some files I previously recorded. I delete my mistakes and make them sound nice so I can send them to the company Audio Cinema Entertainment in Los Angeles. 

Time jump here. I left work and drove up to the church where we are rehearsing "It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play" I got there a little early, around 6pm. I spent that time sitting in my car and calling my mom. I like to talk to her at least once a week. I also ate the last of my snacks. 

It's 7pm. I have my script and I'm ready to rehearse. 

We are also trying on our costumes to see if they fit. The costume lady is ready to make any adjustments on clothes that don't fit right. 

Some actors and the director talking. It's 9pm and we've just finished rehearsing. We talk for another 10 minutes or so before leaving.

Still raining. "Hello House!" it's 9:45pm.

Ira is home. He is taking a pizza out of the oven so we can have a snack. I watch "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report" before going to bed. I finally get to sleep around 11pm.

No comments: